Monday, August 20, 2012

Taking its toll

Alright, chemo you win. After 11 weeks of Taxol my body is finally exhibiting some major side effects. I know I should be thankful that it took this long (and I only have one treatment left of Taxol, then onto FEC) but man...this sucks. I feel like an 80-year old grandma with arthritis. My knees and my lower back hurt so much that I feel like I can't walk upright and definitely cannot pick up Sofia. I just got off the phone with the doctor and she said to swim and take lots of Advil to ease the inflammation; got it, Doc!! Except that I feel like shit and I don't want to do anything but lay down and my body hurts too much to lay down. Power through, power through...I keep telling myself this as my body aches and begs me to stop pumping it full of drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment