Wednesday, August 1, 2012

2 more to go...then 4 more...

Yesterday was my 8th treatment (9th week). I have 2 more treatments to go on this cycle, then it's onto FEC...which is just 4 treatments over the course of 3 months. I saw my Oncologist yesterday who told me she doesn't need to see me until I start the FEC cycle because I'm doing so well; yay me! My lymph-nodes are so small that on a 'healthy' person it wouldn't be anything suspicious and my tumor is almost impalpable. My response to the chemo says a lot for my long-term prognosis, which is great news.

I've marked November 2, 2012 as my LAST DAY OF CHEMO, and am counting down the weeks. We are meeting with the Radiation Oncologist next Monday about my radiation plan after chemo and then we'll meet with the Plastic Surgeon and the Breast Oncologist Surgeon again to map out my surgical plan. I feel like I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel even though I still have a long road ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment