Friday, June 1, 2012

I'm a total wimp


Yes, I admit it. I am a wimp. I hate pain. And right now all I am experiencing is pain. Yesterday (May 25th) I got my medi-port (porta-cath) implanted…and let me tell you, the thought of having this sh*t in me for the next year makes me want to quit now. The crappier part of this is that this is suppose to be the easy part. The part that’s no big deal. Great…if this is the easy part, I’m totally screwed.
I’ve had this thing for a whole 24 hours and I’m ready to part with it.
The highlight of today was seeing my girls. I miss them like crazy. I hadn’t seen them since Thursday night. I feel like a crappy mom; not being able to handle this and be a mom at the same time. I wish I were one of those Super Moms, but I guess I wasn’t born with those powers. Hopefully, I’ll feel up to seeing them again tomorrow.
I miss our mundane routine of going to work, taking our girls to day care, coming home, making dinner, making lunch for the next day, bathing, reading stories, putting the girls to sleep and having our occasional disagreements. I don’t think I’ll ever complain about having a boring life after this. I’ll take boring any day over this cancer crap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment